Let your true light shine—be yourself. Are you living a life you love? Do you know what a life you love would look like? Do you feel like you need something else in life, but you’re not sure what? To find your purpose, your true passion, you need to get to know yourself. Take time to realize who you truly are.
Here are some steps to help you with your self-discovery:
- Love and approve of yourself exactly as you are right now. You are enough.
- Be gentle and forgiving with yourself; be open to new ideas.
- Learn techniques to recognize and release limiting beliefs and negative thinking.
- Respect your own judgment and decisions. Stop seeking approval from others.
- Make a list of things that you are grateful for in your life and things that you appreciate about yourself.
- Take a break from your regular routine. Allow yourself some downtime, without any guilt.
- Notice what makes you happy, excited, passionate and fulfilled.
- What makes time stand still or fly by for you?
- What do you enjoy that completely captures your attention?
When you allow yourself to be who you are, you live in a state of love toward yourself and others. Enjoy getting to know yourself; you are special.
If you would like to live a more authentic life, read The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are – YOUR GUIDE TO A WHOLEHEARTED LIFE, by Brene Brown, Ph.D., L.M.S.W.
From the Introduction: “Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think, NO matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.”
If you need to let go of what people think, let go of perfectionism, let go of comparison, let go of anxiety, let go of self-doubt and stop doing what you’re “supposed to” do, this book will help, and it covers so much more.