- Start a mental checklist of all the things you really appreciate, of all the things you are grateful for. If you want to strengthen the results of this exercise, write them down or record yourself saying them.
- When you are done, read over your list or listen to your recording.
- If you can’t think of anything you are grateful for, think of a time when you were really happy. Why were you happy? What were you doing? Close your eyes and feel the joy that you experienced.
- If you can’t think of any happy times, recall a difficult time that you made it through. Look at the strength you possess! See how capable you are. You can do it. You are strong. You are resilient. You are amazing.
- Remember yourself as a carefree child, laughing, playing, and having fun. See the beauty that is you!
- Smile. Take a deep breath. Feel your strength. You have the power to love yourself exactly as you are. You have the ability to have unshakable confidence.
- You deserve to be happy. How you feel matters. Say to yourself, “I deserve to be happy. I choose to be happy. I give myself permission to do what makes me happy,” and start doing what makes you happy. This is your life; you decide how you want to live it.
A Simple Short Post → Feeling Down? Get Back to Happy NOW!
When you are feeling down, it is natural to focus on what is not working in your life. The more you focus on what is not going well, the worse you feel. Here are some simple steps to stop this downward spiral and get back to happy NOW!